Nuffnang

Friday, May 29, 2009

.: Recipe : Cupcakes :.


May 30th, 4.17pm - I did it! Joy of joys! And my house is still in tact albeit it did NOT burn down! Pictures to be updated soon :) Off to the National Library now.....

I wanna bake cupcakes next - perhaps this weekend. I got this recipe from Nigella's site. And I remember my uncle's neighbour once gave me a recipe similiar to this (I remember the proportion was 1:1:1 of flour, butter & sugar), so it's kinda tested and proven.

Here's the recipe.

Bakes for 12

125 gram butter
125 gram self raising flour
125 gram caster sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp of vanilla extract
2 - 3 tbsp of milk
*you may add 2 - 3 tbsp of lemon juice, orange juice, or coffee as a substitute for milk

Bake for 15 - 2o mins in a preheated oven of 200 degrees

As simple as ABC, can? :)


Edited :
Icing frosting (recipe from Recipezaar)

2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup milk (I substitute orange juice for milk, all we need is actually some moist)
1/4 cup butter

A dot of colouring (to your liking)

So the proportion is 8:1 for sugar : butter right?
Milk add in a spoonful at a time til the desired consistency.

And since Rachel dear is coming over for the weekend, I shall make some for her! :)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin