Nuffnang

Saturday, November 28, 2009

.: Bacon, Mushroom & Cheese Scones :.



I heart scones. There's just something bout scones that are so addictive that I just wanna bake 'em, bake 'em and bake 'em.

And since I was itching to try savoury scones, I finally manage to bake these lovely babies on Friday.

The recipe is very simple, a slight modification from my earlier Buttermilk Scones recipe.

Ingredient A
10 oz (285 grams) all-purpose flour
2 tbs baking powder
dash of salt

Ingredient B
2.5 oz (70 grams) butter (room temperature)
2.5 oz (70 grams) margarine (room temperature)
125 ml buttermilk

Ingredient C
100 grams of bacon, cut into small bits
1 can of button/straw mushroom, cut into small bits
1 large yellow onion, cut finely
Herbs
Chili flakes

Topping
Cheddar cheese
A lil bit of buttermilk

Method:
1) Fry bacon until crisp. Put aside.
2) Fry yellow onion and straw mushroom in butter, until yellow onion turns golden brown. Add salt, pepper & herbs* to taste. Put aside and keep cool.
3) Mix ingredient A. Add ingrediant B & C. Mix well, but remember not to overmix.
4) Shape scone batter into round-flattish shape and place onto tray (or cupcake sheets if you like).
5) Brush the top of scones with some buttermilk. Sprinkle some cheddar cheese on top of the scones.
6) Put into preheated oven at 220 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes.

* You can put in whatever herbs you like - thyme, basil, oregano, etc. Or you can just dump in mixed dried herbs like I did.

For Ingredient C, you can use other alternatives such as ham, cooked chicken meat, spinach, bell pepper, tomatoes, etc. It's really your preference.



Red Box #02 (Ben's selection)

You were everything, everything that I wanted
We were meant to be, supposed to be but we lost it
All of our memories so close to me just fade away
All this time you were pretending
So much for my happy ending

-Avril Lavigne:My Happy Ending-

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin