Nuffnang

Monday, October 26, 2009

.: Recipe : Oreo Cheesecake :.

Non Bake Oreo Cheesecake recipe

The original Oreo Cheesecake recipe was from here, but after reading the comments column, I decided to cut down on the cheese and sugar. And since I have no idea where to get Cool Whip, I substitute that with whipped cream.

It’s really so simple to make, and was a real big hit among my colleagues. Here it goes!

3 packets of Oreo
10 grams butter
2 ½ packets (8oz each) of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1 packet (8oz) of whipping cream
100 grams of brown sugar *
200 ml of milk
A dash of vanilla essence


Mash 1 ½ packets of Oreo (together with it’s center cream) together with melted butter. Spread it over a baking tray and leave in fridge to chill for 30 minutes (or by the time you finish prepared the topping)

For the topping, take the chilled whipping cream and beat til light and fluffy (you need not use a mixer for this; I did mine with my hands – a good upper arm toning exercise). Add in the thawed cream cheese, milk, sugar and vanilla essence. Mix evenly.

Crumble the remaining Oreo into the mixing bowl and give it a quick stir. Pour mixture into the Oreo crust baking tray and leave it to chill for another 3 hours or so.

* If you don’t have brown sugar, you may use white sugar, but try to cut down to about 70 grams. I actually have feedback from some people saying that it is NOT sweet enough, but then again, I too have another group saying that it is just nice. So I guess it really depends. Alternatively, you can just use Oreo (minus the center cream) and hence add more sugar to the cream cheese mixture. But I personally think it’s a waste to throw the center cream.

There are variations that you may wanna try; use mint Oreo, add in peanut butter or peanuts, add chocolate chips/chunks… the list is endless. Just use a lil bit of creativity and you will have a cheesecake you can call your own! :)

2 comments:

Esther said...

ohh thanks for sharing...! I just started baking last week and I've been looking for recipes... planning to make cheesecake till i stumbled upon your post in innit. can't wait to give it a try after exams. :D

theeggyolks said...

it sounds easy~~copying down the recipe :P

Blog Widget by LinkWithin