Nuffnang

Friday, October 17, 2008

.: In The Company Of Good Books :.

Just the knowledge that a good book is
awaiting one at the end of a long day makes that day happier.

- Kathleen Norris -


Give me a good book anytime......

I just love, love, love to read a good book, and for some odd reason, I've been reading alot this month or two. So here goes, the list of books that I've recently read :

Eat, Pray, Love
Elizabeth Gilbert
I first heard of this book while watching The Oprah Show on Hallmark channel one late night, and I thought to myself - that's one book that I would like to read.

But then again, there's alot of book that is on my reading list, so I never really gotten to it. But last night, the re-run of this episod on Oprah was on, and again I thought to myself, I MUST read this.

And today, I was in SyUC library looking for a map (a research for my exams - long story, so don't ask why an accountancy student needs a world map) under the "Geography" section, when lo and behold, this very book, nestled among the world map and tourism books (it must be a sign that I really need to read this very book).

I'm halfway through this book - it's not easy that I need to actually study, while this book is calling out for my attention, so I divided (tho not so equally *wink*) my time between this book and my studies.

-to be updated once I finish this book-

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-


Blue-Eyed Devil
Lisa Kleypas
Another book that was dying to be read.

I was walking up and down my Uni's library when I saw this book sitting on the rack. It just got my attention, so I grab this book, settled down at my place, and started to read - from cover to cover (without stopping - wish I can do that when it comes to studying). Needless to say, it was a good book. And needless to say as well, my objective to study that day was not met.

This book is a story of a rich, oil tycoon's daughter; Haven Marie Travis.
Of her abusive marriage, and how this brave young woman is learning and coping to survive from the physical and emotional scar left by her abusive ex-husband. And the came Hardy Cates, and when she thought she could never fall in love again, she did. But she was playing with fire, taking the risk of being hurt once again.

A lil bit of sexual details in the book - so anyone under 18 should not be reading this! *wink*


-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-

More Than Conquerors
Steven Masood

Uncle Jeffrey from church recommended me to read this book. And I can see why.
It's a fairly short book (wouldn't take more that 2 hours to read) about how a Muslim-converted-Christian tries to explain to his Muslim best friend on the basic claims of Islam and Christianity.

References were made to both the Quran and The Bible.
There's really not much I can say, coz as a young Christian, this book of debate may be a lil too deep for me, but it does give a lil insight to the origin of Islam and Christianity.

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-


Where Rainbows End
Love, Rosie
Cecilia Ahern



Don't make the same mistake as I did. Tho these two books are under different title, they are of the same. Exactly the same!

But I love this novel so much so that I read it TWICE. Yeah, to me it was that good! I just absolutely love it!

Even though I wasn't such a big fan of Cecilia's PS I Love You , I love (I think I've used the word "love" way too many times) the way she wrote this book i.e. in the form of letters exchanged between Rosie Dunne and Alex Steward - two bestest, best friend (with cute lil spelling mistakes like "no" for "know") to emails to instant messages within a span of 45 years.
This is a book which I will not reveal any spoiler, coz I'm making all of you just grab this book and read it! (You must! You must!)

Just let you in on my favourite part

" ...you deserve far better. You deserve someone who loves you with every single beat of his heart, someone who thinks about you constantly, someone who spends every minute of every day wondering what you are doing, where you are, who you're with and if you're ok. You need someone who can help you reach your dreams and who can protect you from your fears. You need someone who can treat you with respect, love every part of you especially your flaws. You should be with someone who can make you happy, really happy, dancing on air happy..."
Go on, grab this book. You won't be dissapointed.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin