Nuffnang

Friday, June 24, 2011

.: Review : Rimmel Mono Eyeshadow :.

The eye is the jewel of the body - Henry David Thoreau

The eyes are the amulets of the mind – William R Alger

A guy once told me that the most alluring body part of a girl is her *surprise, surprise* eyes! He said, in a very philosophical manner, that a person’s eyes are the window to his or her soul. And he went on and on about it, but I was too busy staring at some girl's long, sexy legs that I wasn't paying much attention anymore! (no, I'm most definately straight, but beauty are meant to be admired right? *teehee*)

Anyways, expanding on that, it’s no wonder that women are willing to invest time & money to install good “curtains”. Eyeshadows, mascaras, eyeliners, etc – all this products just on a lil bodypart, but then again, every lil details counts right?

Before I digress, let’s get back to the review of one of the products that frames and give colour to your eyes – eyeshadow. More specifically – Rimmel Mono Eyeshadow Siren #030!


Product Name : Rimmel Mono Eyeshadow Siren #030
Product Size : 2.4 gram
Retail Selling Price : RM14.90

My first thought upon receiving Rimmel Mono Eyeshadow was “Oh, how cute!

Packed in a small, travel-friendly sized compact, Rimmel Mono Eyeshadow has this really cute embossed signature Rimmel crown logo. Upon further inspection, I realised that the clear compact was a tad bit flimsy and delicate, and I reckon it wouldn’t last a week in my hurricane-messed handbag. It would have been great if the compact came in a slightly better quality. Also, I noticed that it doesn’t have an applicator brush, which would have been a bonus if they do, coz when you just wanna have a quick touch up, a readily available applicator brush would be perfect.

I took a test swab with my fingers and my initial assessment was that although the colour is richly pigmented, but it was not as intense as I thought it to be. It is not exactly in your bubble gum pink but more of a magenta pink (pink with a bit of a purplish undertone). I am impressed with the silkiness of the texture of this eyeshadow.

I used my eyeshadow brush to apply to the lid of my eyes, and using my fingers, started to blend it. I am again impressed with it blendability (is there even such a word?) and it doesn’t crease and it’s not too chalky.

With just one layer, the pink stands out just enough for one to notice that I have make up on, but still look au naturel as well (just the way I like to look for my daytime make up). To bring it to one that is suitable for nightwear and worthy to be called 'bold' as the product described, I increased the intensity by layering it a couple of times more. The pink colour really did stand out after about three layers, setting straight my initial judgement that the colour was not intense enough.


I was also happy with the fact that the eyeshadow could last for a reasonable number of hours, though the claim of 8 hours is stretching the facts a tad bit too far. Having said that, I believe that if I wear to wear some eyeshadow primer (which I usually don’t anyways), it would have lasted slightly longer.


There are two other colours - Rimmel Mono Eyeshadow Tempted (Blue) #020 (check out Isabel's review here) & Rimmel Mono Eyeshadow Envy (Green) #010 (check out Aisyah's review here) to choose from if pink is not your colour, so you might want to check it out!

1 comment:

Ashchronicles said...

Thanks for the link =) Initially, I wanted the pink (but not really that badly) cz if it doesn't work for the eyes, it could be use as a blush instead..XD Great review..^^ I agree on the flimsiness of the packaging!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin