Nuffnang

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

.: Waffles, Waffles :.

My cousins from Bukit Tinggi came down to stay with us for a day (coz the just can’t get enough of me even tho I have spent the whole week with them *wink*).

They arrived in the evening of Friday (a public holiday) and had to leave on Saturday morning as Tammie starts work at 9am.

JC was asking Rachel if she wanted me to make some waffles for breakfast. Rachel replied “ok…” but added “…but I don’t want to be a chartered accountant” (random right?).

Anyways, I was busy googling for a waffle recipe as the one I’ve tried a few months ago was not to my liking.

So I got this one recipe from Martha Stewart and decided to give it a go.

And the outcome?

It tasted absolutely delicious! I love it! And so did my cousins, who gobbled it down with lotsa maple syrup and marmalade.

There was some batter left, so I kept it in the fridge for JC the next day, and guess what?

It tasted even better!

So I reckon that any batter (be it waffles or pancakes) are best left overnight.

Anyways, here is the recipe to share.
No pictures as I was semi-awake while assembling the recipe at 6.45am. (I am so NOT a morning person)

Here's the recipe

Martha's Simple Waffles


8 tbs butter
2 cup flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3 eggs
2 cup buttermilk
Dash of vanilla essence

1 comment:

Tammie said...

hahaha hugs Rachel.

:D

Blog Widget by LinkWithin