Nuffnang

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

.: I Believe ... :.

I believe the grass is no more greener on the other side ...

When we look at the other side of the fence, the grass always does seem greener doesn't it?
And somewhere out there, someone else who is at the other side, wishing that they could be where we are - the supposedly "greener" side.


I was having a conversation with Seat Jian the other day. What struck me was that in life, if we do not like where we are now; we can change two things;

our environment

or

our perspective

During a conversation with a few of my accountant friends, we noted a unusual trend that there seems to be a demand for accountants in every part of the world. But the unusual part is this - accountants from the UK are migrating to Australia, and the accountants from Australia are migrating to UK.

Accountants from China are looking West, while the Westerners are moving East.


As for me, I used to be so eager to go overseas. Even as I was doing my ACCA, I remember that my parents promised to send me overseas to do my final core papers (the final 3 papers), but when they went back on their words, I was very very devestated.

Then, if you ask me to make that choice of being here in Malaysia or going overseas to work, without skipping a beat, I would say overseas.

But ask me the same Question now, and I will hesistate.

I'm now learning to see that the grass on my side is green too, learn to appreciate and be thankful for all the opportunities I had here (those that I would have missed if I was working overseas). Yes, I know, there's sacrifises that I've made - my career progression, my opportunity to earn more moolah, my experience of four seasons, etc...

But can that replace the moments I spend with my family?

Replace the birthdays, christmas, new years we celebrate?

Replace the people (including JC) that I've met here?

Honestly, I rather not........

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin