Nuffnang

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

.: A Nightmare On Elm Street :.




Had the chance to catch the premiere of
A Nightmare On Elm Street
last night in Midvalley GSC

This movie is a remake of a 1984 film of the same title
(just a year before I was born - yes, I'm that old)

Scary?
Well, sorta in a sound effect big BOOM for the scary parts
(which are what most horror movies made of anyways).

Was Freddy terrifying?
Well, have a look at this at tell me if it is?


I find the Joker in Batman somewhat more terrifying.
But the part that irks me the most wasn't the blood splatters or the disfigured bodies appearing and disappearing at every scene. It was really more of the screeching sounds Freddy makes with his razor nails on chalkboards and metal pipes.

Yes, the same one that goes "sccrreeeccchhhh......"
*shudders*

What I really think of this remake?
It was okay, good for someone who is looking for a dash of fright in their life, but for the hardcore horror-movie enthusiast out there, this may be just abit of a child's play for them.

Speaking of which, there's a nursery rhyme which is stuck in my head now

One, two, Freddy's coming for you.
Three, four, better lock your door.
Five, six, grab your crucifix.
Seven, eight, better stay up late.
Nine, ten, he's back again




No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin