Nuffnang

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

.: Markus Ng :.

Markus Ng Chung Yau
(6th May 1985 - 4th February 2009)
http://markusng.last-memories.com/




I couldn’t believe it when I heard the news. I even called up a few friends just to make sure it isn’t some hoax or prank.

Even though I’m constantly reminded how fragile life is, and death is all part and parcel of life, I still could not immediately accept the fact that this could happen to him.

He’s too young. My age. It couldn’t be. It shouldn’t be.

I didn’t really know him that well. Barely that much to even call him my friend. An acquaintance I would say.

Markus was my primary classmates for a couple of years. Though blurry and hazy memories of my primary school days, I remembered that Markus was one of the more quiet and timid boys. A gentle, quiet soul I would say.

Thru modern technology of networks, we “met” again thru facebook.

To me, he was the “UNICEF” guy as he has posted quite a number of post on UNICEF.

As I read his blogs and his board messages from friends, I began to fill in the gap on who this 8 year old timid I once knew him to be to this UNICEF guy I later known him by.

He has truly accomplished so much and touched so many people life along in this short 23 years on Earth that many ever had and ever will in their lifetime.

Quotes on how inspiring Markus was, how dedicated he was to things he was passionate about, of his kindness, gentleness, but most of all on how he has touched the life of many others in such profound ways.

I once asked, if it was my last day, what would I want people to remember me by?

Now I have the answer… I want to be remembered the way people remembers Markus…

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin