Nuffnang

Monday, April 14, 2008

.: The Guardian : Nicholas Sparks :.

Another Nicholas Spark's novel......


It's blatantly obvious that I'm a big fan of Nicholas Sparks, but The Guardian, was really (sad to say) disappointing, compared to the rest of his novels that I've read.

One would expect, after reading The Wedding or A Walk To Remember, that Nicholas will be able to come out with a plot that is absolutely brilliant, with a BIG twist in the end. But dissappointly, it was all-so-cheesy and all-so-predictable.

The storyline didn't really bring out any emotions in me, characters being so cardboard-like in many ways. It's the first (it's really not that difficult to make me cry) Nicholas Sparks' that I didn't shed a tear, yet alone bawl my eyes out.

Being to picky? I hope not. Tho I'm looking forward to reading his latest - The Choice.

Hope that I wouldn't be disappointed this time round.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin