Nuffnang

Friday, July 20, 2007

.: Living With Limitation :.

Aunty Rosalina (my EE trainer) recommended me to read this book. It's written by Rev Wong Kim Kong. Rev Kim Kong is the Secretary General of the NECF, serves as Hon Treasurer of EFA. He was also the founding Chairman of Malaysian CARE. Click here to know more of his background.

So I read the book in one night.

It really touched my heart.

One of the many things which I've learned from reading this book, is the principal of Issacs.

It was something that David Tow (Rosalina's husband) had taught Kim Kong.

On a side note, Issac is the only son of Abraham, his only son whom he love. He was then called by God to sacrifise his son Issac, and Abraham obeyed. It demonstrated Abraham's complete trust in God. To know more, it's in the Book of Genesis or you can read it here.

The Issacs in our lives represents the things that we love most and are most precious to us. These are the things in our lives that are most difficult for us to let go. The BIG question is, are we willing to let go our Issacs to the Lord?

It really got me thinking.

Different people have different Issacs in our lives, but all of us have them. Let it be friends, family, career, money, etc.

How many of us can say that we can surrender it all to the Lord?To consecrate them for His use and purpose?

I know I can't. But I'm trying.

A book that I do recommend to read, and perhaps it touches your heart as much as it did mine.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin